Records are a media type that has had a resurgence in recent years but not all music is created equally and many albums are not worth keeping to listen to. One of the easiest and quirkiest things that can be done with a record is make it into a bowl you keep in your living room as a point of interest.
Materials and Equipment
- Old Record
- Oven proof dish to shape the record, this can be any dish or container that you would normally be able to put in the oven.
1. Pre-heat oven to 140 degrees Celsius
2. Stack record on top of your oven proof dish and put them both onto an oven tray.
3. place the tray in the oven and keep an eye on it! It will only take a few minutes for the record to soften enough to droop down around your dish that you are using as a mould. Once this has happened pull the tray out of the oven, the record will be hot but you can do some adjusting to make sure it is the shape that you require.
4. Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from mould and using as a bowl. If it isn’t quite the shape that you want you can put the record back into the oven and reshape it.